Constructed to house supporting neighborhood business operations in the 1930’s by the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company as the company expanded the thriving mill village of Atco, the building would house several uses over time including company store, company drycleaner, social hall and other activities before being given with land for ballfield to the City of Cartersville as part of the city’s recreation department. After almost 50 years of having its windows boarded up and its last renovation from the early 1970’s untouched, the City of Cartersville task Pennant Construction Management, Inc. to lead the charge to convert the structure into an event facility available for the public. Working with key city officials, a layout was finalized, and all previous improvements were removed down to the buildings brick walls, concrete floors and wood ceilings. All new systems were installed in the building to include new electrical, lighting, plumbing, and HVAC. New multi-fixture ADA restrooms were added as was a caters kitchen. The original concrete floors were grinded and polished, and the twenty-one large arched individual pane windows restored to review the buildings original beauty. Once under-utilized, the building now host weekly events and celebrations for the local community.
3 Goodyear Avenue, Cartersville, Georgia
Event Facility/Historic Preservation