Friendship Plaza is the center point of the Historic District of Downtown Cartersville. The city block encompasses the restored 1800’s train depot, an amphitheaters area, the wrought iron fence along the railroad containing the plaques honoring Bartow Counties most famous citizens and the “Friendship Monument” commissioned in 1857 by Mark Cooper which is believed to be the only monument known to exist erected by a debtor to honor his creditors. With the city desiring to have more public use of the park area, Pennant Construction Management, Inc. was contracted to oversee the construction of a pavilion with stage to host concerts and using the amphitheater area as seating. Pennant assisted in the design component working to repeat the architectural detail evident on the depot. Stage lighting and electrical services to host concert quality sound equipment was installed. ADA access for incorporated into the structure to open use to all individuals. Each year Friendship Plaza continues to host thousands of concert goers, patrons of the performing arts and community events.
1 Friendship Plaza, Cartersville, Georgia
Performing Arts/Historic Preservation